The Stairs & Secret Trails of Telegraph Hill
on Saturday, December 19th, 2015 at 10:00 am
The Stairs and Secret Trails of Telegraph Hill
Join Aaron Dence, one of Walk SF’s most popular volunteer hike leaders, for a fun exploration all of the stairs and the secret trails in and around Telegraph Hill.
This will be another breathtaking hike where participants will enjoy a series of magnificent views, pass by stately homes lining the staircases, and take in the rich history of Coit Tower. Plus, there’s a good chance of spotting Telegraph Hill’s most famous residents — the wild parrots of San Francisco. Follow Aaron as he leads walkers along three relatively unknown trails, providing some distinctive perspectives of this northeastern corner of the city.
Hikers will even get to see where Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio posed for photos after their civil ceremony, a castle, and mosaic art sculptures.
Please review these tips:
- Walk includes stair climbing, several paths and multiple elevation changes; rated a 3.8 out of 5.
- Wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes with good treads (300 feet in total elevation)
- Carry raingear and sunhat as needed – we’ll go ahead rain or shine, barring high winds or dangerous weather conditions
- Bring sunblock, water, and personal snacks
All hikers will receive map links to two of my favorite walks in San Francisco
Date & time of hike
Saturday, December 19th, 2015
The forecast is planned for mostly sunny
Where we will meet
Saint Peter and Paul Church
666 Filbert Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
RSVP by Thursday, December 15th, 2015
$10 if you RSVP by December 15th (Early Bird)
$15 if you RSVP on December 16th, 17th and 18th
$20 for onsite registration
Space limited to 30 people. The hike will fill up quickly.
Review these tips before you RSVP
– Walk includes stair climbing, several paths and multiple elevation changes; rated a 3.8 out of 5 in difficulty
– Wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes w/ good treads (700 feet in total elevation)
– Carry rain gear and hat as needed – we will go ahead rain or shine, barring high winds or dangerous weather conditions
– Bring sunblock, water, and personal snacks
– Please arrive promptly at 10 a.m.