We are an award winning team based in San Francisco who works together to get you the results you want!
I develop your training program and create workouts for you to follow when you're on your own, and I'll also work with you on your overall health and fitness plan including making the behavior changes necessary to take you to the next level. Part of your training will include following the WholeBody Reboot meal plans which are integral part of your broader program.
Hi, I'm Aaron and I have been training for over 15 years, helping clients gain muscle, tone up and lose weight! I am the owner of TRAINER SF which launched in 2015 in the Mission Dolores District, and we expanded in 2017 to a 3 story fitness center with an outdoor training space in Mission Bay.
I work with people at all levels, from professional athletes to people just starting out with exercise. I have a degree in Exercise Physiology plus many years of experience working in both outpatient and inpatient physical therapy clinics.
I am very personable, smart, fun and outgoing. I will listen to your needs and goals and help you get there, one step at a time. I have a background in coaching so I will be able to help you make those small behavioral changes to get you to your goals. I will push you, but I won't yell at you! :)
My approach and what you get
Your initial session will include an extra 20-30 minutes where we will discuss your goals, eating habits, injuries and exercise background. I will conduct an assessment where I will look at your posture, biomechanics and range of motion that will help with developing your training program.
I will spend time listening to you explain where you are currently with your overall health and fitness. This will help me to determine the best approach for your goals and the optimum starting point.
I will offer best-practice options for incorporating nutrition and exercise into your daily life based on my education and experience working with hundreds of clients. Together we will agree what will work best for you and you'll feel confident with your next steps. I want you to get the results you want!
I offer a variety of training packages with the following options:
- Access to a password-protected, private page on TrainerSanFrancisco.com where I will post your baseline photos, body composition measurements, and other information that will be helpful in tracking your progress
- Workout plans to follow on the days we are not training
- A full nutrition program and complimentary coaching
- Support and encouragement when you need it
- A truly private studio for your training sessions (you and I will be the only ones training in the space together)
- Instruction on proper form and technique
- A proven methodology for behavior change using motivational interviewing techniques and Tiny Habits
- "24/7-Ask Me Anything" access to a secure page for training support and motivation
Certified Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine (since 2001)
FMS Level 1 Course
Former Lifeguard Trainer & Instructor
First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
Areas of specialty
Weight Reduction/Fat Loss
Muscle Hypertrophy and Strength Gain
Rehab & Post-Rehab
Flexibility and Balance
Core Stability and Pilates
Nutritional Coaching and Support (following the EatingFree program)
Body Weight Training
Founder and owner of TRAINER San Francisco with 2 private studio locations and 8 satellite locations.
Worked as a General Manager at four San Francisco fitness centers (Club One and Equinox).
Worked as a physical therapy aid in a variety of hospital settings: in-patient, outpatient, aquatic and acute.
Trained the United States Coast Guard cutter swimmers in search and rescue.
Started personal training in 1997 and began coaching swimming in 1995.
Degree in Exercise Physiology.
Conducted research on the reliability and validity of the YMCA sub-maximal cycle ergometer test.
At the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland, I researched and tested a mathematical model that predicted anaerobic and aerobic thresholds.
Co-founded a start-up company that created an iPhone app, Mobile Adventure Walks, which transformed walking into urban adventures through game mechanics.
Founded on online training company that provides Skype Personal Training.
Mission Dolores studio amenities
- Private studio with 12 ft ceilings (just you and your trainer)
- iPhone and Android chargers
- Shower with Kiehl's products
- Large changing area
- Filtered water and cups
- Bring your smartphone or tablet to play your own music during your session
- Refrigerator to store drinks, snacks or food
- Luxury spa hand and bath towels (100% Turkish cotton and bamboo)
- Rabbit Air Purifier
- Equipment: TRX, Slastix bands, Rogue Ohio Bar, Rogue weights, kettlebells, foam roller, exercise ball, Slam balls, Dynamax ball, squat rack, bench
Get in touch
I'm happy to hear from you and answer any questions that you may have about training, losing weight or getting fit.
Feel free to reach me by phone, text, email or by completing the form below.